About PEX Piping
- Excellent resistance to high temperature and high pressure
- High resistance to corrosion and abrasion
- Superb chemical resistance
- High flexibility and mechanic strength with low weight
- Excellent longevity at high temperatures
- No longitudinal crack formation or other stress cracks
- Low creep
- No stone sediments due to pipe smoothness
- Immunity against improper pipe laying procedures
- Excellent scratch resistance
- Domestic sanitary hot and cold water systems
- Residential underfloor and radiators heating systems
- Urban regional and municipal water systems
- Highrising buildings and hospital shafts water systems
- Water supply and sewage systems infrastructures
- Heavy and chemical industry applications
- Gas transfer systems
- Special applications – according client demands
The unique PEX-a pipes are produced from special HMW-HDPE RESINS. The crosslinking is performed during the production process, resulting in irreversible chemical links between adjacent PE chains.
The crosslinked PE is a thermo-elastic material with a 3-D molecular structure, having very high dimensional stability at high temperatures.
These Standards show the working pressures of PEX pipes at various temperatures.
PEX pipes are grouped according their “classes” depending on the Outside Diameter and Wall thickness ratio. For example:
CLASS "24" (SDR 7.4 S3.2) Working pressures: 24 bar at 20!C , 10 bar at 95!C , 15 bar for gas